Safety Tips for Using Sparklers, Champagne Party Poppers and Pop Pop Snappers
Safety precautions you should take when using any novelty item:
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Have an adult supervise use of all items. Items are not recommended for children under age 8
- Store items away from all moisture. Products will last several years in a cool, dry place
- Never throw or point items at other people
- Never carry items in your pocket
- Never place lit items in glass containers
- Only use outside.
- Test one sparkler before your event so you know what to expect.
- Light one sparkler at a time and never light a bundle of sparklers at once.
- Use a lighter that keeps your hand away from the flame, such as a butane or barbecue lighter. Matches will not burn hot or long enough to light your sparklers.
- Instruct guests to dip unlit sparklers into their neighbor’s lit sparklers to light up a crowd quickly.
- Always light the sparkler at the tip furthest away from the wire handle.
- Keep lit sparkler at arms length away from the face, body, or clothing of yourself or other people nearby
- Do not try to re-ignite a sparkler or re-light a dud. Dispose of properly by soaking in water.
- Be sure to keep a lit sparkler away from flammable materials, such as gasoline, paper napkins, or tissues.
- Never grab a burned or burning portion of a sparkler.
- Keep water nearby (garden hose or bucket).
- Dispose used sparklers in a bucket of water or sand or on a metal tray. Once the sparkler cools then the sparkler wires can be thrown into the trash.
CHAMPAGNE POPPERS SAFETY
- Safe for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Point up and away from you and anyone standing near you.
- Pull string to release streamers and confetti.
- Do not try to reassemble a dud.
POP POP SNAPPERS SAFETY
- Recommended for only outdoor use.
- Toss on ground away from your feet or anyone standing near you.
- Or stomp on snapper while wearing shoes with thick soles