14 Jan Engagement Season is Here
Engagement season is here and newly engaged couples everywhere are starting to plan their dream wedding. The holiday season between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day is the most common time to pop the question. With all the time off being spent with family and friends, it is a fabulous time to declare your undying love!
Now comes the time to start planning your big day! The HuffPost has put together a great checklist to keep brides on track.
6 Steps to Start the Wedding Planning:
- Pick a Date – Picking a few dates that are special to you will ensure that the venue you are looking for will be available. Dates that are special to the both of you like the anniversary of your first date or the day you proposed is especially romantic. It’s important to do this as soon as possible because venues can be booked up years in advance. Being flexible will give you success in booking the perfect venue.
- Budget – You and your fiance will want to sit down put together a budget that you are both comfortable with. Having a specific wedding budget makes it easier to choose vendors, and it can also help determine how much to spend on your honeymoon.
- Hire A Wedding Planner – Even though hiring a planner is an added cost, they often end up saving you money in the long run. There’s a couple options when it comes to wedding planners. You can choose from a day of planner to take care of wedding day emergencies or the whole experience from the beginning. Using this service will take away the endless options for decor, catering and much more. And no doubt about it—the right wedding planner can save you time and definitely lower your stress!
- Guest List – When making your guest list, be sure to keep in mind the cost of feeding each person. IF you wouldn’t want to pay $100 for their meal, then don’t invite them to your wedding. Food and alcohol are major costs at weddings. Be sure to only invite your favorite people to help you celebrate.
- Photographer – You will need to book your photographer 6 to 13 months in advance. Meeting with them several times before the wedding to get comfortable with your photographer. Being
relaxed will get better pictures! Don’t forget to get pictures of the wedding party including some personality pictures like a first look or the bride and the groomsmen. Our friends at Chasing Heartbeats Photography created this incredible checklist of 60 tips for creating the perfect wedding photos. Be sure to look over this list as well as Chasing Heartbeats Photography website.
- Wedding Free Zone – Don’t forget to spend quality time NOT discussing the wedding. As involved as your finance may be in the wedding planning, everyone needs a break from the planning. Remember to take care of your relationship during this time.
- Go Wedding Ring Shopping Together – If your partner doesn’t really want to be involved in the wedding planning then this is a great place to start! Go shopping together to pick out wedding bands that suit your styles. Wearing matching rings is no longer the only option so feel free to get a unique rose gold wedding ring or even a ring with a diamond pavé setting. You can really show off your own style or personality with mismatched wedding rings.
Congratulations to all the newly engaged couples! BuySparklers.com is here to provide superior sparklers for your grand wedding exit! Since 2003, we have been a part of thousands of magical weddings and we would be proud to be a part of your event too! Our 2 most popular sparklers are the #36 Inch Gold Wedding Sparkler and the #20 Inch Gold Wedding Sparkler. Not sure which sparkler will work best for your big day? Call Nicole at 888-990-8939 and she will be happy to help!